Special Notices Facilities
- REMINDER: After uploading files or editing data, be sure you click the “SAVE” button to commit your changes before submitting or resubmitting your application to the department. NEW
- Per state statute, “No person shall carry on, conduct or transact a business under a name which contains as part of the name the words “pharmacist”, “pharmacy”, “apothecary”, “apothecary shop”, “chemist shop”, “drug store”, “druggist”, “drugs”, “consultant pharmacist”, or any word of similar or like import, unless the place of business is supervised by a licensed pharmacist.” Additional information can be found at Chapter 338.260.
Special Notices Patients/Caregivers/Physicians
- To enter a patient application, navigate to the How to Apply page located under Patient Information.
- DHSS would like to remind the public that any physician certifications they receive for medical marijuana must be no more than thirty days old at the time an individual applies for a patient identification card, and DHSS will not begin accepting patient identification card applications until June 28, 2019.
- At this time, the department is only accepting the Physician Certification as an uploaded document to the patient’s application, which can be submitted as early as June 28, 2019. Patients should download the Physician Certification form and take it with them to their medical examinations for their physicians to fill out.
The Department of Health and Senior Services is tasked with implementing the provisions of Article XIV. This includes but is not limited to:
- Issuing registrations to qualified patients and their primary caregivers.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana cultivation facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana dispensary facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana-infused products manufacturing facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana testing facilities.